It’s 2020. Everyone has a camera (a.k.a. smartphone) attached at their hip—and not only can you take amazing, high-quality photos with your phone, but you can edit them on the go as well. So, we put together a list of the five best photo editing apps to help make all of your pics, from selfies to brunch pics to vacation views, look their best! Check it out below.
VSCO is one of the leading photo editing apps right now (not to mention it’s also the namesake of the popular term “VSCO girls”). It lets you import your images and add everything from high-contrast filters to cool vintage feels to your photos. You also have the freedom to add personal edits, whether that’s sharpening, exposure, white balance, or borders, and so much more. It’s a great all-in-one app on which you can find yourself spending hours.
- Choose from a huge collection of high-quality filters.
- Use the “Share” option to share your creations to all social platforms, as well as your VSCO profile.
2. Huji Cam
Effortlessly create stylish, vintage looking photos with Huji Cam! This easy-to-use photo editing app lets you shoot in the interface and puts your picture through a random filter setting. Your photos will look like they were taken right on a disposable camera from the ‘90s—without the wait time for them to be developed.
- Use fun filters for an overall vintage look and feel.
- Add light leaks and ‘90s-style dates on the side of your photos.
Want to shoot fun photos and videos that don’t look like they’re shot on an iPhone? You need PREQUEL. This app allows you to shoot photos and videos with tons of great, free effects—some of them include ‘60s Style, Cinema, Film, Chroma, VHS, and Disco.
- Add outstanding visual effects and filters.
- Choose a unique soundtrack.
- Cut and adjust video files within the app.
Want to turn your Instagram Stories into actual stories? You need this app! Unfold, which describes itself as the “toolkit for storytellers,” can help you elevate your photos and take them to the next level with a vast library of templates, filters, and typography tools.
- Add multiple photos to one page in a beautiful layout.
- Add colored pages to brighten up your story.
- Apply modern, custom fonts to elevate your stories with the power of words.
Lastly, if you’re a true creative who likes mixed media, PicsArt is another photo editing app you’ll definitely want to download. This app allows you to draw on photos, make collages, make stickers, and touch up your images—all right in the app itself.
- Access a full library of artistic photo filters, frames, backgrounds, and borders.
- Create custom stickers that you can even share in iMessage.
These five apps are just a few of the many photo editing apps that are available, but each of them brings something new to the mobile photo editing game! If you really want to get creative, try using all of them for one photo or video. What are some of your favorite photo editing apps for your smartphone?